Just finished watching another fasinating interview done by Charlie rose with Lee about politics, America, China, Singapore and life.
I gather that his mind is still extremely sharp, capable of the recent trends including the Arab spring and everything including the Spratly Islands and the American debt problem.
1. The small base of Singapore needs to be maintained and deepened. This includes strengthening the social cohesive networks that our community needs to constantly work for, to give people confidence of a future in this troubled region. It affects Singapore and the Singaporeans need to know that, and sacrifice for that, for nation building. Failure to do so in any line of leadership will lead to irrelevance and insolvency.
2. Young. The youth of today would be called upon the task of shaping the country, not with just ideas but actions and convictions for the miracle to continue. They need to come back and give back to building this country in this world.
3. Mortality. Life’s temporarily does not accord anyone the ability to remain for long. We need to be humble enough to be reminded of the laws existed since the dawn of time-family, children and death.
Christ remarked: Beware of false prophets, who come to you in sheep’s clothing but inwardly are ravenous wolves. You will recognize themby their fruits. Are grapes gathered from thornbushes, or figs from thistles? So,every healthy tree bears good fruit, but the diseased tree bears bad fruit. A healthy tree cannot bear bad fruit, nor can a diseased tree bear good fruit. Every tree that does not bear good fruit is cut down and thrown into the fire. Thus you will recognize themby their fruits.
I just came back from a great family tour to China. I must say that the sights and sounds there showed 2 things
1. The people there want a better life, desperately
2. State-driven initiatives & market competition has brought about unparalleled economic transformation
> Beijing launches 5 new subway lines in 1 day (or equivalent of the entire MRT network in Singapore)
> Beijing Shanghai Railway, all built by the Chinese, while setting a speed record of 481kmph
> Shanghai overtakes Singapore as world busiest port
> Shanghai and Shenzhen breaking growth records
> World Expo breaks records
And guess what? Its just the beginning.
Give thanks with a grateful heart
Give thanks unto the Holy One
Give thanks because He’s given Jesus Christ, His Son
And now let the weak say, ‘I am strong’
Let the poor say, ‘I am rich
Because of what the Lord has done for us’